Friday, November 18, 2016

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

Recommended
I would recommend it because I enjoyed how the main character, Josie, found her way out of her old town and went against the odds to follow her dream of getting a college education and leave her old life.

Summary
It starts with Josie explaining a little about her life as a prostitute's daughter. From the beginning the complicated relationship of Josie and her mother become quite clear and as she grows up she realizes she doesn't want to end up like her. She dreams of leaving New Orleans and become educated while her mom cares about appearances more.

Who would be interested in this book?
I honestly think girls would be more into this book, but since it shows what it's like to have a tough relationship with a parent who disapproves of their child's decisions can be relative to anyone, I recommend it to guys too. It's also about family bringing your dreams down and anyone could be interested in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment